Tsung 1.4.0 released
Tsung 1.4.0 is now available.
New features and improvements:
- fast regexps (switch to ’re’ module)
- new option to emulate slow connections
- for developers: ts_plugin behaviour
- pgsql extended protocol (experimental)
- scalability improvements (ip scan & use of more than 64k ports on a single node)
Thanks to all contributors and testers for their help with this release.
Source code will soon be available from:
Meanwhile, you can find binaries for Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora and also source code on the community website:
1.3.3 -> 1.4.0 Major enhancements and bugfixes (5 Sep 2011)
- [TSUN-129] - regexp (defined in match or dynvars) can fail when chunk encoding is used.
- [TSUN-150] - Munin monitoring broken by cpu stats config request
- [TSUN-163] - Tsung doesn’t detect subdomains.
- [TSUN-166] - snmp monitoring does not work with erlang R14A
- [TSUN-171] - maxnumber set in a phase is not always enforced
- [TSUN-172] - auth sasl can’t authenticate against ejabberd
- [TSUN-178] - some characters can make url and headers rewriting fail in the recorder
- [TSUN-179] - tsung generated message stanzas are not XMPP compliant
- [TSUN-180] - file server crash if a dynamic substitution use it
- [TSUN-182] - When many clients are configured with few static users, none of them are launched.
- [TSUN-183] - tsung can stop too soon in some cases
- [TSUN-184] - ‘random_number’ with start and end actually returns a number from start+1 to end
- [TSUN-187] - Client IP scan is very slow on Linux; also uses obsolete ifconfig
- [TSUN-54] - tsung is very slow when a lot of dynamic variables are set
- [TSUN-96] - generating more than 64k connections from a single machine
- [TSUN-106] - Add content-encoding support for dynvar extraction
- [TSUN-123] - add option to read usernames from an external file for jabber
- [TSUN-125] - use the new re module everywhere instead of regexp/gregexp
- [TSUN-152] - Add state_rcv record as parameter to get_message function.
- [TSUN-153] - dynvar used in match may contain regexp special characters
- [TSUN-185] - handle postgresql extended protocol
- [TSUN-162] - add foreach tag (loop when a dyn_variable is a list)
- [TSUN-164] - add a switch to allow light queries/replies logging
- [TSUN-165] - add a way to synchronize users for all plugins.
- [TSUN-167] - add do=dump option to matching
- [TSUN-168] - thinktimes value could be dynamically generated with dyn_variable
- [TSUN-181] - add option to simulate slow connections